Editor’s Note: This was recorded in January 2022, which provides the context for Kyle’s comments about “snowy Buffalo,” and the then current situation with Russia and Ukraine prior to late February 2022.
This episode features a conversation with Kyle Morgan, Class of 2002, a Senior Vice President and Senior Relationship Manager for Key Private Bank in Buffalo, New York. Our conversation touches on a lot of topics, from starting at a commonwealth campus, the department of economics, aviation, and customer centric values in finance and banking, as well as life in mid-size cities. You can read Kyle’s full bio and get a more detailed breakdown of the topics below.
Kyle Morgan ’02 Liberal Arts is a Senior Vice President and Senior Relationship Manager for Key Private Bank in Buffalo, New York, where he leads their client development program and assist clients with investment management, trust and estate planning, and specialty banking solutions. Kyle's clients include high net-worth individuals, non-profits, and institutional investors. Kyle previously worked as a Regional Vice President for Federated-Hermes in Boston, Massachusetts from 2003-2017. Kyle earned his BA in Economics and BA in Political Science with honors in 2002.
· Starting at a Commonwealth Campus and changing your major from what you intended to study coming in
· Perspective on the honors program within the Department of Economics
· Integrating personal interests with your academic discipline in the thesis process
· Finding the right industry when another one is not in the cards
· Thoughts on the future of work travel in a post-COVID world and dealing with uncertainty
· Going from small towns to large cities & taking advantage of opportunities
· Life in Buffalo, New York and other mid-size cities
· The importance of people skills and the ones Scholars should develop to succeed in their careers
· Recommendations for finding mentors at internships and early career roles
· Insights on working with high-net worth clients and businesses as a private banker
· Professional development, lifelong learning, and professional & community organizations
· The joys of pursuing aviation as a hobby and skill
· The importance of keeping people and communities centered in financial work-----
Schreyer Honors College Links:
Credits & Notes:
This show is hosted, produced, and edited by Sean Goheen ‘11 Lib (Schreyer).
The artwork was created by Tom Harrington, the College’s Web Developer.
The sound effect is “Chinese Gong,” accessed via SoundBible used under Creative Commons License.
The theme music is “Conquest” by Geovane Bruno, accessed via Pixabay and used under Creative Commons License.
This is a special episode of Following the Gong, Special Guest Co-Host Tessa Beauchat ’23 IST, THON Chair for the Schreyer Student Council &...
In this special episode, we speak with Lisa Kerchinski and Keith Graham ‘85 Eng. Guest Bios: Lisa has served as the Director of Career...
Overview: Patrick Lucas ’13 Eng is an Analytics Success Manager at Nike in Boston, MA where he works in product management to design and...